Situated on the banks of the Pamba River, this massive shrine at Edathua 23 km south-east of Alappuzha, resembles the churches of medieval Europe. Dedicated to St. George, the church was established in 1810. The annual feast here starts on the 27th of April with the hoisting of the flag and concludes on the 7th of May. During the feast, the statue of St. George, decked in gold regalia, is carried out and placed on the dais in the centre of the basilica for the devotees to see and worship. Processions and cultural performances are held every day including dazzling firework displays.